Job Title: Bar Staff (part time, evenings and weekends)
Reports to: Education & Programs
Hugo House's bar staff provides drinks to event patrons, and serves as a welcoming face of the House. This is a part-time position with available shifts varying throughout the year. Average 2-5 shifts per month. $15/hour, plus tips.
• Sell alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to patrons.
• Maintain a friendly, safe atmosphere, following all WA laws regarding alcohol and food.
• Open and close the bar, keeping the space clean and tidy.
• Notify Education & Programs of any space issues or product shortages.
• Passion for the Arts.
• Prior experience working at a commercial establishment serving alcoholic beverages.
• Prior experience handling money in a retail operation.
• Prior experience in customer service.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1974 prohibits discrimination in employment. Recognizing its legal as well as social obligation to afford equal opportunity, Hugo House maintains an affirmative action policy as part of its inclusive hiring practices. It is Hugo House’s intent to maintain a diverse work force that represents our community. Our approach to diversity is intended to provide not only equal employment opportunities to minorities, women, and persons with disabilities, but also to recognize and value people with ethnic, cultural, and other differences, such as religion, ancestry, language, national origin, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, and marital status.