Position: Front Desk & Programs Assistant
Type: Part-time, evenings and weekends
Purpose: To provide excellent customer service to Hugo House visitors; to assist with event and class production and administration, and to maintain the appearance and security of the House.
- Greet the public and acquaint them with the mission and resources of Hugo House
- Provide excellent customer service to students, teachers, members, and all House visitors
- Assist in event facilitation and production, from set-up to survey collection
- Maintain appearance of the House and ensure visitor comfort
- Maintain building security, including opening and closing duties
- Provide administrative assistance to Hugo House programs, development, and operations
- Experience in customer service
- Self-directed working style
- Comfortable working with the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about writing and books
- Comfort in Microsoft Office
- Retail sales and database experience preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter via Hugo House’s Submittable page.
This job requires expertise with computers, ability to lift 20-35 pounds, and navigate stairs.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1974 prohibits discrimination in employment. Recognizing its legal as well as social obligation to afford an equal opportunity, Hugo House maintains an affirmative action policy as part of its inclusive hiring practices. It is Hugo House’s intent to maintain a diverse workforce that represents our community. Our approach to diversity is intended to provide not only equal employment opportunities to minorities, women, and persons with disabilities, but also to recognize and value people with ethnic, cultural, and other differences, such as religion, ancestry, language, national origin, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, and marital status.