Reports to: Molly Woolbright, Marketing Manager
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Hours: 8–10 hours/week
This is a flexible internship based on applicants’ various qualifications but involving aspects of Hugo House's external communications.
The intern will work closely with the marketing manager to use the Hugo House brand in all written and visual communications, assisting with other minor tasks along the way.
Intern tasks could include:
- Copywriting and/or proofreading for the website, blog, newsletter, and print collateral
- Assist with collateral distribution
- Manage, strategize for, or assist with one or more Hugo House social media platforms
- Editing audio and/or video clips
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of and interest in the writing world
- Skills related to one or more of the above tasks
Highly Desired Qualifications (But Not Required!)
- Experience with MailChimp
- Knowledge of the Seattle area, especially the literary scene
Guidelines for Your Application
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter that outlines which skills in the above task list you would prefer to work on during the internship, as well as describing your experience in each (if any).
Hugo House maintains an affirmative action policy as part of its inclusive hiring practices. It is Hugo House’s intent to maintain a diverse work force that represents our community. Our approach to diversity is intended to provide not only equal employment opportunities to minorities, women, and persons with disabilities, but also to recognize and value people with ethnic, cultural, and other differences, such as religion, ancestry, language, national origin, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, and marital status.